Shakespeare invented the word 'assassination' and 'bump'.
· Stewardesses is the longest word typed with only the left hand.
· The ant always falls over on its right side when intoxicated.
· The electric chair was invented by a dentist.
· The human heart creates enough pressure when it pumps out to the body to Squirt blood 30 feet.
· Wearing headphones for just an hour will increase the bacteria in your ear By 700 times.
· Ants don't sleep.
· Owls have eyeballs that are tubular in shape, because of this, they cannot move their eyes.
· A bird requires more food in proportion to its size than a baby or a cat.
· The mouse is the most common mammal in the US.
· A newborn kangaroo is about 1 inch in length.
· A cow gives nearly 200,000 glasses of milk in her lifetime.
· The Canary Islands were not named for a bird called a canary. They were named after a breed of large dogs. The Latin name was Canariae insulae - "Island of Dogs."
· There are 701 types of pure breed dogs.
· A polecat is not a cat. It is a nocturnal European weasel.
· The animal responsible for the most human deaths world-wide is the mosquito.
· The biggest pig in recorded history was Big Boy of Black Mountain, North Carolina, who was weighed at 1,904 pounds in 1939.
· Cats respond most readily to names that end in an "ee" sound.
· A cat cannot see directly under its nose. This is why the cat cannot seem to find tidbits on the floor.
· Pigs, walruses and light-colored horses can be sunburned.
· Snakes are immune to their own poison.
· An iguana can stay under water for 28 minutes.
· Cats have more than one hundred vocal sounds, while dogs only have about ten.
· The biggest member of the cat family is the male lion, which weighs 528 pounds (240 kilograms).
· Most lipstick contains fish scales.
· Rats multiply so quickly that in 18 months, two rats could have over a million descendants.
· Each day in the US, animal shelters are forced to destroy 30,000 dogs and cats.
· A shrimp's heart is in their head.
· A pregnant goldfish is called a twit..
· A cockroach will live nine days without its head, before it starves to death.
· The cat lover is an ailurophile, while a cat hater is an ailurophobe.
· A woodpecker can peck twenty times a second.
· It may take longer than two days for a chick to break out of its shell.
· Dragonflies are one of the fastest insects, flying 50 to 60 mph.
· Despite man's fear and hatred of the wolf, it has not ever been proved that a non-rabid wolf ever attacked a human.
· There are more than 100 million dogs and cats in the United States.
· Americans spend more than 5.4 billion dollars on their pets each year.
· Cat's urine glows under a black light.
· The largest cockroach on record is one measured at 3.81 inches in length.
· It is estimated that a single toad may catch and eat as many as 10,000 insects in the course of a summer.
· Amphibians eyes come in a variety shapes and sizes. Some even have square or heart-shaped pupils.
· It would require an average of 18 hummingbirds to weigh in at 1 ounce.
· Dogs that do not tolerate small children well are the St. Bernard, the Old English sheep dog, the Alaskan malamute, the bull terrier, and the toy poodle.
· Moles are able to tunnel through 300 feet of earth in a day.
· Howler monkeys are the noisiest land animals. Their calls can be heard over 2 miles away.
· A quarter of the horses in the US died of a vast virus epidemic in 1872.
· The fastest bird is the Spine-tailed swift, clocked at speeds of up to 220 miles per hour.
. There is no single cat called the panther. The name is commonly applied to the leopard, but it is also used to refer to the puma and the jaguar. A black panther is really a black leopard. A capon is a castrated rooster.
· The world's largest rodent is the Capybara. An Amazon water hog that looks like a guinea pig, it can weigh more than 100 pounds.
· The poison-arrow frog has enough poison to kill about 2,200 people.
· The hummingbird, the loon, the swift, the kingfisher, and the grebe are all birds that cannot walk.
· The poisonous copperhead snake smells like fresh cut cucumbers.
· A chameleon's tongue is twice the length of its body.
· Worker ants may live seven years and the queen may live as long as 15 years.
· The blood of mammals is red, the blood of insects is yellow, and the blood of lobsters is blue.
· Cheetahs make a chirping sound that is much like a bird's chirp or a dog's yelp. The sound is so an intense, it can be heard a mile away.
· The underside of a horse's hoof is called a frog. The frog peels off several times a year with new growth.
· The bloodhound is the only animal whose evidence is admissible in an American court. 98% of brown bears in the United States are in Alaska.
· Before air conditioning was invented, white cotton slipcovers were put on furniture to keep the air cool.
· The Barbie doll has more than 80 careers.
· To make one pound of whole milk cheese, 10 pounds of whole milk is needed.
· 99% of pumpkins that are sold for decoration.
· Every 30 seconds a house fire doubles in size.
· The month of December is the most popular month for weddings in the Philippines.
· A one ounce milk chocolate bar has 6 mg of caffeine.
· Carbon monoxide can kill a person in less than 15 minutes.
· The largest ever hailstone weighed over 1kg and fell in Bangladesh in 1986.
· Ants can live up to 16 years..
· In Belgium, there is a museum that is just for strawberries.
· The sense of smell of an ant is just as good as a dog's.
· Popped popcorn should be stored in the freezer or refrigerator as this way it can stay crunchy for up to three weeks.
· Coca-Cola was originally green.
· The most common name in the world is Mohammed.
· The name of all the continents end with the same letter that they start with.
· The strongest muscle in the body is the tongue.
· TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be made using the letters only on one row ! of the keyboard.
· Women blink nearly twice as much as men!!
· You can't kill yourself by holding your breath.
· It is impossible to lick your elbow.
· People say "Bless you" when you sneeze because when you sneeze, your heart stops for a millisecond.
· It is physically impossible for pigs to look up into the sky.
· The "sixth sick sheik's sixth sheep's sick" is said to be the toughest
· tongue twister in the English language.
· If you sneeze too hard, you can fracture a rib. If you try to suppress a sneeze, you can rupture a blood vessel in your head or neck and die.
· Each king in a deck of playing cards represents great king from history.
Spades - King David
Clubs - Alexander the Great,
Hearts - Charlemagne
Diamonds - Julius Caesar.
· 111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987, 654,321
· If a statue of a person in the park on a horse has both front legs in the air, the person died in battle. If the horse has one front leg in the air, the person died as a result of wounds received in battle. If the horse has all four legs on the ground, the person died of natural causes.
· What do bullet proof vests, fire escapes, windshield wipers and laser printers all have in common? Ans. - All invented by women.
. Question - This is the only food that doesn't spoil. What is this? Ans. - HoneY.
. A crocodile cannot stick its tongue out.
. A snail can sleep for three years.
. All polar bears are left handed.
· American Airlines saved $40,000 in 1987 by eliminating one olive from each salad served in first-class.
· Butterflies taste with their feet.
· Elephants are the only animals that can't jump.
· In the last 4000 years, no new animals have been domesticated.
· On average, people fear spiders more than they do death.
· The cigarette lighter was invented before the match.
· Most lipstick contains fish scales.
· Like fingerprints, everyone's tongue print is different.
· Tapeworms range in size from about 0.04 inch to more than 50 feet in length.
· A baby bat is called a pup.
· German Shepherds bite humans more than any other breed of dog.
· A female mackerel lays about 500,000 eggs at one time.
· It takes 35 to 65 minks to produce the average mink coat. The numbers for other types of fur coats are: beaver - 15; fox - 15 to 25; ermine - 150; chinchilla - 60 to 100.