French Gift

*Joe's wife was about to take a vacation in France with some of her
girlfriends. Joe drove her to the airport, hugged her, and wished her**
a good trip.

"Before I go," she said, "is there anything you'd like me to bring back for
you?"

Joe thought a moment, then said with a twinkle in his eye, "How about a cute
little French girl?"

Joe's wife rolled her eyes and said she'd see what she could do.

Three weeks later, she returned and Joe picked her up at the airport. "So,
honey," he said. "How was the trip?"

"Oh, it was great," she replied. "I absolutely loved Paris."

"And, what happened to my present?"

"What present?"

"Oh, you know," said Joe. "What I asked for -- the French girl?"

"Oh, that?" said Joe's wife. "Well, I did what I could, but we won't know
for sure if it's a girl for another nine months."*

No comments: