Easily extract images from pdf files to TIF, JPEG, BMP, GIF, PNG, TGA, PBM, PPM, PCX with Some PDF Image Extract!
* Do NOT need Adobe PDF software support.
* Support TIF, JPEG, BMP, GIF, PNG, TGA, PBM, PPM, PCX image format.
* Support PDF1.6 protocol.
* Supports drag and drop files and batch conversion.
* Support JPEG Quality and JPEG Gray Scale adjust.
* Support encrypted PDF file.
* Support Windows NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista platform.
Click Here to get More Info
JDiskReport enables you to understand how much space the directories and files consume on your hard disks.
DiskReport enables you to understand how much space the files and directories consume on your disk drives, and it helps you find obsolete files and folders.
The tool analyses your disk drives and collects several statistics which you can view as overview charts and details tables.
This is ad-free uncrippled no-charge binary multi-platform software that never expires.
Please click here to get More Info
BitMeter 2 is a bandwidth meter, it allows you to visually monitor your Internet connection by displaying a scrolling graph that shows your upload and download speed over time.
Features include: Graphical and numerical displays of historical data, Web interface, alerts, stopwatch, calculator, transparent/float/click-through modes, 36-page help file, audio notifications, configurable color-schemes and many other options. Version 3.5.7 offers minor fixes and feature enhancements.
Click Here to download
Ohnosecond: The span of time between carrying out an action and realizing that you’ve just made a huge, irreversible mistake.
For example, you ridicule your boss in an e-mail to colleagues and,
an ohnosecond after clicking Send, you realize the boss was one of those in the address list.
The scientific measurement gets its name from the sorrowful English exclamation,
Dr: Get married.
Man: Will it help?
Dr: No, but the thought of long life will never come.
Why do couples hold hands during their wedding?
It's a formality just like two boxers shaking hands before the fight begins!
Wife: Darling today is our anniversary, what should we do?
Husband: Let us stand in silence for 2 minutes.
It's funny when people discuss Love Marriage vs Arranged.
It's like asking someone, if suicide is better or being murdered.
It is difficult to understand GOD. He makes such beautiful things as women
and then he turns them into Wives.
If u r married please ignore this msg,
for everyone else: Happy Independence Day
Before marriage, a man will lie awake all night thinking about something you
After marriage, he'll fall asleep before you finish.
There's a way of transferring funds that is even faster than electronic banking.
It's called marriage.
Girlfriends r like chocolates, taste good anytime.
Lovers r like PIZZAS, Hot n spicy, eaten frequently.
Husbands r like leftovers, eaten when there's no choice.
Man receives telegram: Wife deadshould be buried or cremated?
Man: Don't take any chances. Burn the body and bury the ash.
Q: Why dogs don't marry?
A: Because they are already leading a dog's life!
There was this guy who told his woman that he loved her so much that he
would go through hell for her. They got married and now he is going thru hell.
Fact of life: One woman brings you into this world crying & the other
ensures you continue to do so for the rest of your life!
Q: Why doesn't law permit a man to marry a second woman?
A: Because as per law you cannot be punished twice for the same offence!
Here comes the Ultimate One :)
Prospective husband: Do you have a book called 'Man, The Master of Women'?
Salesgirl: The fiction department is on the other side, sir.
State Bank Of India - Solved Papers
I found this RAR file while searching about solved Question Papers - SBI.
Very Interesting Information for State Bank Of India Exams.
Mirror Copy :
some More Interesting Links for SBI Exams :
--@Test is a sample Table variable which has 3 columns
declare @Test table
-- Adding new rows
INSERT INTO @Test VALUES ('Money Deposit',1,1)
INSERT INTO @Test VALUES ('Money Getting',0,1)
INSERT INTO @Test VALUES ('Buying Mutual Funds',1,0)
'Status'= CASE [Status]
WHEN 0 THEN 'DEBIT'
WHEN 1 THEN 'CREDIT'
select [Description] as 'Description',Status,[Type] from @Test
declare @x int
set @x = 1
WHEN 0 THEN 'Debiting the account'
WHEN 1 THEN 'Crediting the account'
Table-valued parameters let you marshal multiple rows of data from a client application to a SQL Server in a single trip without special server-side logic to process the data. Column values in table-valued parameters can be accessed using standard T-SQL statements or using CLR routines.
You cannot pass table-valued parameters to user-defined functions. Table-valued parameters are read-only by SQL Server.
In ADO.NET, table valued parameters can be populated with DataTable, DataReader, and System.Collections.Generic.IList<SqlDataRecord> objects.
You must set the data type of the parameter to the Structured value of the SqlDbType enumeration. If you pass the table-valued parameter to a parameterized SQL statement, you need to specify the previously created type in the SQL Server through the TypeName property of the Parameter object.
It is Pretty Amazing….
1. Grab a calculator. (you won't be able to do this one in your head)
2. Take the first six digits of your mobile number
(India mobile No only,Excluding +91)
3. Multiply by 80
4. Add 1
5. Multiply by 250
6. Add the last 4 digits of your phone number (Not the total of 4 digits.)
7. Add the last 4 digits of your phone number again. (Not the total of 4 digits.)
8. Subtract 250
9. Divide number by 2
Do you recognize the answer?
and sketching in my novel English and Tamil bilingual website:
Improving the career of children is the sole objective of the site
and the site is dedicated exclusively for the children. Teaching
tamil is one of the most important aspects of the site.
Amazing pictures drawn by kids, beautiful photographs of children,
selected stories, songs and video. Information to improve general
knowledge, English and Tamil proverbs, interesting online games
and many more things are being published in this site.
An exclusive tamil teaching section to guide children as well as
adults to produce Tamil contents with all applications in the PC is
developed with the world's most powerful and extremely versatile
Transliteration software Azhagi.
Please do see the website, offer your views, send pictures drawn by
your kids, photographs of your kids and whatever content you have to
offer for the kids for publication.
What is Dyslexia??
Dyslexia (say: dis-lek-see-uh) is a learning problem some kids have with
reading and writing. It can make words look jumbled. This makes it difficult
for a kid to read and remember what was read.
So what's going on inside the person's brain Well, it doesn't mean the person is dumb.
In fact, some very smart people have had dyslexia.
Well, some people say Albert Einstein was dyslexic.
The problem does occur in the brain, though. Sometimes the messages the
brain is sending get jumbled up or confused. A kid who has dyslexia might
get frustrated and find it hard to do schoolwork. But the good news is that
dyslexia doesn't need to keep a kid down.
How to recognise dyslexia in children?
Reading and learning are the two things that determine the success of a
child during his school career. First he learns to read. Then he reads to
learn. Reading is therefore of paramount importance in the educational
Unfortunately poor reading skills, and therefore poor learning skills, have
become a reality for an alarming number of children. The word "dyslexia" is
often used to refer to reading problems, while the symptoms below indicate
that a child has dyslexia and therefore needs help:
First of all, it is important to exclude a range of other reasons why a
child is having great difficulty in learning to read and write. These
include poor eyesight, hearing difficulties, absence from school through ill
health, inadequate or very interrupted schooling or emotional stress at
Hearing problems are particularly important. Many young children suffer ear
infections and for a minority this is followed by a condition called glue
ear. This can significantly reduce a child's hearing ability for a time.
Researchers have found that if children suffer from this condition around
the age of two (when they are acquiring spoken language very rapidly) or
around five (when they are beginning to learn the skills needed for
reading), they are more likely to experience difficulties in learning to
read. If they are dyslexic, these difficulties will certainly compound the
Once these reasons have been ruled out, most experts would agree that there
are signs even before children start school which indicate that they might
be dyslexic. However, young children develop at different rates and it is
important to remember this and allow for normal variation.
It is useful to question whether there is a history of reading or spelling
difficulties in the family, although a family history does not mean that
every child in the family will have dyslexia.
Parents who are concerned should also be aware of other problems that may
arise. Some dyslexic children have difficulties finding the appropriate
words to express themselves and may be slow to process information. Many
such children may become isolated socially and find friendships difficult.
Other children may have motor difficulties. If they are generally clumsy or
bad at sport they are often teased and excluded from playground games.
Bullying can then be a problem.
It's always worth remembering that suitable help from a young age may
prevent children from falling behind.
Other pointers are included in the checklists below.
Experts disagree about which are the most important. However, the following
are generally accepted as causes of concern.
Pre-school. Does your child:
- have a relatively short attention span?
- find it hard to remember nursery rhymes and rhyming words, like
'cat' and 'hat'?
- find it difficult to do 'odd one out' games with words?
- show little interest in words and letters even if he or she enjoys
- mix up directional words like 'up' and 'down', 'in' and 'out'?
- have difficulty putting objects into a sequence, such as coloured
- jumble up letters or whole words in speech, such as saying 'beddy
tear' for 'teddy bear'?
- have difficulties with physical skills like catching, throwing and
kicking a ball, skipping, hopping, jumping and balancing?
At primary school.
Watch out for a child who:
- is doing much less well than expected
- has marked and persistent difficulties with reading and spelling
- enjoys the content of stories and information read to him or her,
but when attempting to read, over-uses the content to 'guess' at words
- writes letters and/or numbers the wrong way round
- takes a long time to complete any written work
- leaves letters out of words or puts them in the wrong order
- has difficulty remembering times tables or the alphabet, or putting
things like the days of the week in order
- needs to use fingers or written marks to do simple calculations
when other children are easily able to do them in their heads
- confuses left and right
- appears careless and inattentive
- has unusual difficulties in dressing or tying shoe-laces.
At secondary school. Is he or she:
- still reading unusually slowly or inaccurately?
- still having marked difficulties with spelling and legible
- confusing places, times and dates?
- needing to have instructions and telephone numbers, etc, repeated?
- finding great difficulty in planning work and writing essays?
- taking much longer than other pupils over written assignments?
- having problems with note taking?
- producing disappointing results in exams?
- working inconsistently with marked 'on' and 'off' days?
My Dear SweetHeart,
Yesterday, I was passing by your rectangular house in trigonometric lane.
There I saw you with our cute circular face,conical nose and spherical
eyes,standing in your triangular garden.
Before seeing you my heart was a null set, but when a vector of magnitude
(likeness) from your eyes at a deviation of theta radians made a tangent to
my heart, it differentiated.
My love for you is a quadratic equation with real roots, which only you can
solve by making good binary relation with me.
The cosine of my love for you extends to infinity.
I promise that I should not resolve you into partial functions but if I do
so, you can integrate me by applying the limits from zero to infinity.
You are as essential to me as an element to a set.
The geometry of my life revolves around your acute personality.
My love, if you do not meet me at parabola restaurant on date 10 at sunset,
when the sun is making an angle of 160 degrees, my heart would be like a
solved polynomial of degree 10.
With love from your higher order derivatives of maxima and minima, of an
Here is the solution. I found one website to capture entire web page completely.
Length and wide wise content beyond the screen also captured by using the site.
Here I am using my friend Mr. SCSSundar's blog as a model
Screen Capture Site Name :
LINQ essentially is the composition of many standard query operators that allow you to work with data in a more intuitive way regardless.
The benefits of using LINQ are significant – Compile time checking C# language queries, and the ability to debug step by step through queries.
Visual Studio LINQ Designer
Already you know in VS 2005 we have inbuilt SQL Server IDE feature. by this you no need to use any other tools like SQL Server Query Analyzer and SQL Server Enterprise Manger. You have directly database explorer by this you can create connections to your database and you can view the tables and stored procedures in VS IDE itself. But now in VS 2008 it has View Designer window capability with LINQ-to-SQL.
Expression Blend Support
Windows Presentation Foundation
WPF provides you an extensive graphic functionality you never seen these before. Visual Studio 2008 contains plenty of WPF Windows Presentation Foundation Library templates. By this a visual developer who is new to .NET, C# and VB.NET can easily develop the 2D and 3D graphic applications.
Visual Studio 2008 provides free game development library kits for games developers. currently this game development kits are available for C++ and also 2D/3D Dark Matter one image and sounds sets.
VS 2008 Multi-Targeting Support
Earlier you were not able to working with .NET 1.1 applications directly in visual studio 2005. Now in Visual studio 2008 you are able to create, run, debug the .NET 2.0, .NET 3.0 and .NET 3.5 applications. You can also deploy .NET 2.0 applications in the machines which contains only .NET 2.0 not .NET 3.x.
AJAX support for ASP.NET
Previously developer has to install AJAX control library separately that does not come from VS, but now if you install Visual Studio 2008, you can built-in AJAX control library. This Ajax Library contains plenty of rich AJAX controls like Menu, TreeView, webparts and also these components support JSON and VS 2008 contains in built ASP.NET AJAX Control Extenders.
Nested Master Page Support
Already Visual Studio 2005 supports nested master pages concept with .NET 2.0, but the problem with this Visual Studio 2005 that pages based on nested masters can't be edited using WYSIWYG web designer. But now in VS 2008 you can even edit the nested master pages.
Intellisense Support: When we are writing the LINQ Query VS provides LINQ query syntax as tool tips.
Organize Imports or Usings: We have Organize Imports feature already in Eclipse. SInce many days I have been waiting for this feature even in VS. Now VS contains Organize Imports feature which removes unnecessary namespaces which you have imported. You can select all the namespaces and right click on it, then you can get context menu with Organize imports options like "Remove Unused Usings", "Sort Usings", "Remove and Sort". Refactoring support for new .NET 3.x features like Anonymous types, Extension Methods, Lambda Expressions.
Intellisense Filtering: Earlier in VS 2005 when we were typing with intellisense box all the items were being displayed. For example If we type the letter 'K' then intellisense takes you to the items starts with 'K' but also all other items will be presented in intellisense box. Now in VS 2008 if you press 'K' only the items starts with 'K' will be filtered and displayed.
Intellisense Box display position
Earlier in some cases when you were typing the an object name and pressing . (period) then intellisense was being displayed in the position of the object which you have typed. Here the code which we type will go back to the dropdown, in this case sometimes programmer may disturb to what he was typing. Now in VS 2008 If you hold the Ctrl key while the intellisense is dropping down then intellisense box will become semi-transparent mode.
Visual Studio 2008 Split View
VS 205 has a feature show both design and source code in single window. but both the windows tiles horizontally. In VS 2008 we can configure this split view feature to vertically, this allows developers to use maximum screen on laptops and wide-screen monitors.
Here one of the good feature is if you select any HTML or ASP markup text in source window automatically corresponding item will be selected in design window.
Debugging .NET Framework Library Source Code:
Now in VS 2008 you can debug the source code of .NET Framework Library methods. Lets say If you want to debug the DataBind() method of DataGrid control you can place a debugging point over there and continue with debug the source code of DataBind() method.
In built Silverlight Library
Earlier we used to install silverlight SDK separately, Now in VS 2008 it is inbuilt, with this you can create, debug and deploy the silverlight applications.
Inbuilt C++ SDK
Earlier It was so difficult to download and configure the C++ SDK Libraries and tools for developing windows based applications. Now it is inbuilt with VS 2008 and configurable
Multilingual User Interface Architecture - MUI
MUI is an architecture contains packages from Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office libraries. This supports the user to change the text language display as he wish.
Visual Studio is now in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, Japanese, and Korean. Over the next couple of months. Microsoft is reengineering the MUI which supports nine local languages then you can even view Visual studio in other 9 local languages.
Microsoft Popfly Support
Microsoft Popfly explorer is an add-on to VS 2008, by this directly you can deploy or hosting the Silverlight applications and Marshup objects
Language Integrated Query (LINQ), which unifies the way data can be retrieved in .NET. LINQ provides a uniform way to retrieve data from any object that implements the IEnumerable
LINQ-enabled languages can provide full type-safety and compile-time checking of query expressions, and development tools can provide full intellisense, debugging, and rich refactoring support when writing LINQ code.
LINQ is a series of language extensions that supports data querying in a type-safe way; it will be released with the next version Visual Studio, VS2008, code-named "Orcas."
The data to be queried can take the form of XML (LINQ to XML), databases (LINQ-enabled ADO.NET, which includes LINQ to SQL, LINQ to Dataset and LINQ to Entities), objects (LINQ to Objects) etc.
LINQ is a uniform programming model for any kind of data. LINQ enables you to query
and manipulate data with a consistent model that is independent from data sources.
LINQ is just another tool for embedding SQL queries into code.
LINQ is yet another data abstraction layer.
LINQ is a methodology that simplifies and unifies the implementation of any kind of data access. LINQ does not force you to use a specific architecture; it facilitates the implementation of several existing architectures for accessing data. As with every tool, it can be used in both good and in bad ways. To get the most out of LINQ, you will have to master it.
What is Table?
• Tables: These are where data is kept within the database. A database must contain at leastone table to be of use, although you can have a database with no user tables and only systemtables. System tables are special tables that SQL Server uses to help it work with the database.These tables contain information within rows and columns, much like in Excel, but they havea great deal more power than cells within Excel. Temporary tables—another type of databasetable—can take several different forms.
What is Column?
• Columns: These provide a definition of each single item of information that builds up to atable definition. A column is made up of cells that all hold data, much like a column in Excel.Unlike in Excel, though, where each cell can hold a different type of data, a column within aSQL Server table is restricted to what the data within it relates to, the type of data it will hold,and how much information can be stored in it. Each table must have at least one column,although the column doesn’t need to contain any information.
What is Row?
• Rows: A row is made up of one cell from every column defined for the table. There can be anynumber of rows in a table; you are limited only by your disk space, the amount of disk spacethat you defined as the maximum in your database creation definition, or the amount of diskspace on your server. A row will define a single unit of information, such as a user’s bankaccount details or a product on an e-commerce site. Rows are also called records.
What is Stored Procedure?
• Stored procedures: When it comes to requiring a program to manipulate or work with data, orperform the same data-intensive task repeatedly, it’s often better to store this code in a storedprocedure. Stored procedures contain one or more T-SQL statements, which are compiledand ready to be executed when required. Stored procedures are permanently stored in thedatabase, ready for use at any time.
What is T-SQL Statement?
• T-SQL statements: A T-SQL statement is a program statement that SQL Server can use to workwith your data.
What are assemblies?
• Assemblies: These arrived with SQL Server 2005. Assemblies are similar to stored procedures,in that they can be used to manipulate or work with data, but they are used more for procedurallogic, as you might find in a .NET program. An assembly can be more than a replacement for astored procedure and can take on many different guises—for example, you can also builddata types using an assembly.
What is Index?
• Indexes: These can be regarded as predefined lists of information that can inform the databasehow the data is physically sorted and stored, or they can be used by SQL Server to findrows of data quickly using information supplied by a T-SQL query and matching this informationto data within columns. An index consists of one or more columns from the table it isdefined for, but it is not possible for an index to cover more than one table. An index in SQLServer is very much like the index of a book, which is used to locate a piece of informationfaster than looking through the book page by page.
What is view?
• Views: These can be thought of as virtual tables. Views can contain information combinedfrom several tables and can present a more user-friendly interface to the data. Views can alsoadd a great deal of security to an application, but they do give reduced functionality over theuse of stored procedures or direct access to the tables. Views can also be indexed to speedprocessing of data within.
What is function in sql server?
• Functions: A function is similar to a stored procedure, but it takes information one row at atime or produces information one row at a time as you work through the rows of data you areprocessing. For example, you would use a stored procedure to produce output to create astatement, but you would use a function to go through each transaction one at a time tocalculate interest on a daily basis.
1. Illiterate? Write today for free help.
(man....if only I knew A B C....)
2. Auto Repair Service. Free pick-up and delivery. Try us once; you'll never
go anywhere again.
(sure...thanx for the warning!)
3. 3-year old teacher needed for pre-school. Experience preferred.
(in months or years?)
4. Used Cars: Why go elsewhere to be cheated. Come here first.
(check it out)
5. Dog for sale: eats anything and is fond of children.
6. Man wanted to work in dynamite factory. Must be willing to travel.
(wow! A free trip to heaven?)
7. Tired of cleaning yourself. Let me do it.
8. Wanted. Man to take care of cow that does not smoke or drink.
(hey....who taught cows the bad habit??)
9. We do not tear your clothing with machinery. We do it carefully by hand.
which stands for “atomicity, consistency, isolation, durability.”
These four words form a set of properties that
database systems should implement to guarantee reliability of data storage, processing, and manipulation.
• Atomicity: All data changes should be transactional in nature. That is, data changes should follow an
all-or-nothing pattern. The classic example is a double-entry bookkeeping system in which every debit has an associated credit. Recording a debit-and-credit double-entry in the database is considered one “transaction,” or a single unit of work. You cannot record a debit without recording its associated credit, and vice versa. Atomicity ensures that either the entire transaction is performed or none of it is.
• Consistency: Only data that is consistent with the rules set up in the database will be stored. Data types and constraints can help enforce consistency within the database. For instance, you cannot insert the name Dolly in an int column. Consistency also applies when dealing with data updates. If two users update the same row of a table at the same time, an inconsistency could occur if one update is only partially complete when the second update begins. The concept of isolation, described following,is designed to deal with this situation.
• Isolation: Multiple simultaneous updates to the same data should not interfere with one another. SQL Server includes several locking mechanisms and isolation levels to ensure that two users cannot modify the exact same data at the exact same time, which could put the data in an inconsistent state.
Isolation also prevents you from even reading uncommitted data by default.
• Durability: Data that passes all the previous tests is committed to the database. The concept of durability ensures that committed data is not lost. The transaction log and data backup and recovery features help to ensure durability.
The transaction log is one of the main tools SQL Server uses to enforce the ACID concept when storing and manipulating data.
Click here to get SQL Server 2008 Ebook from Microsoft
* Copy files faster. TeraCopy uses dynamically adjusted buffers to reduce seek times. Asynchronous copy speeds up file transfer between two physical hard drives.
* Pause and resume file transfers. Pause copy process at any time to free up system resources and continue with a single click.
* Error recovery. In case of copy error, TeraCopy will try several times and in the worse case just skips the file, not terminating the entire transfer.
* Interactive file list. TeraCopy shows failed file transfers and lets you fix the problem and recopy only problem files.
* Shell integration. TeraCopy can completely replace Explorer copy and move functions, allowing you work with files as usual.
* Full Unicode support.
Download TeraCopy – Free for Home Users
--To search for a particular column in a database
SELECTOBJECT_NAME(obj.object_id) as [Name], type_desc as [Type] FROM sys.objects obj inner join sys.columns col ON col.object_id = obj.object_id WHERE col.NAME Like '%Order%' ORDER BY
-- To get TableCount() in a DB - number of Tables in a DB
Comma Separated Values from a Select Query Result without using COALESCE function in sql
DECLARE@temp table ([Numbers] varchar(40)
INSERTINTO @temp VALUES('Karthik'
INSERTINTO @temp VALUES('Valpaiyan'
INSERTINTO @temp VALUES('Mangalore Shiva'
INSERTINTO @temp VALUES('PKP'
INSERTINTO @temp VALUES('Idlyvadai'
SELECTDISTINCT STUFF( (SELECT ',' + Numbers from @temp FOR XML PATH('')),1,1,'') as Numbers
-- To check a string has number or not.
DECLARE@x varchar(15), @result varchar(50
'Number not found'
-- Leap Year checking using Sql server 2005
ifdatepart(dd, cast(cast(datepart(yy, getdate()) as varchar) + '-02-28' as datetime) + 1) =
'not a leap year'
We can continously listen songs after turnoff the LCD of notebooks.
This application is just 65KB only. But It needs Microsoft Dotnet framework 2.0.
You need to install Framework before.
Download the Application from here
Microsoft Dotnet frame work 2.0
Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 offers a rich set of features that allow you to build and maintain powerful intranets and Internets for your company. You can manage workflow, maintain version control, connect to business intelligence applications, track key performance indicators for your business, add blogs and wikis to improve knowledge transfer and enhance collaboration, and more.
The Microsoft Office SharePoint Designer 2007 Training (Standalone Edition) leads the learner step-by-step through SharePoint Designer features using easy to understand videos. Built with the SharePoint platform integration in mind and engineered to work efficiently with Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services and Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007, SharePoint Designer will help you customize your SharePoint sites to make it an even more powerful tool for productivity. SharePoint Designer is the ideal tool for Information Workers to build composite applications, design and customize workflows and tailor SharePoint sites to their branding needs.
Get it from here
Free EBook - Introducing Microsoft SQL Server 2008
Introducing Microsoft SQL Server 2008
by Peter DeBetta, Greg Low, and Mark Whitehorn
Table Of Contents:
Chapter 1: Security and Administration
Chapter 2: Performance
Chapter 3: Type System
Chapter 4: Programmability
Chapter 5: Storage
Chapter 6: Enhancements for High Availability
Chapter 7: Business Intelligence Enhancements
Get it from here
Have you ever printed a webpage only to find your printout consisted mostly of empty space, ads and other junk you didn't want? PrintWhatYouLike is a webpage editor that lets you control how webpages look when printed.
* Format any webpage for printing in seconds - no more pasting into Word
* Print webpages without whitespace, ads, graphics or other clutter
* Make printed web pages more readable by removing distractions
* Fix broken pages that don't print correctly
* Save money on paper and ink and help save the environment
How It Works
* Enter the url of a page you wish to print
* Edit the page until it contains only what you want to print
* Print It! Only your modified page will be printed
Make Any Page Printer-Friendly
* Edit any public page in your browser- no installation required!
* Change page font size and type, remove the background, and remove images
* Edit any part of the page by clicking a page element or selecting text
* Any selection can be removed, isolated or widened
* All changes are undoable
* Combine multiple webpages together- edit and print them as one document!
* Save your changes - if you have to print the same document again, just reapply your changes instead of starting over
* Reuse other people's changes - if someone else has already edited your page, just apply their changes
Click Here for more Information
Windows SharePoint Services is the solution that enables you to create Web sites for information sharing and document collaboration. Windows SharePoint Services — a key piece of the information worker infrastructure delivered in Microsoft Windows Server 2003 — provides additional functionality to the Microsoft Office system and other desktop applications, and it serves as a platform for application development.
Office SharePoint Server 2007 builds on top of Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 to provide additional capabilities including collaboration, portal, search, enterprise content management, business process and forms, and business intelligence.
What is Microsoft SharePoint Portal Server?
SharePoint Portal Server is a portal server that connects people, teams, and knowledge across business processes. SharePoint Portal Server integrates information from various systems into one secure solution through single sign-on and enterprise application integration capabilities. It provides flexible deployment and management tools, and facilitates end-to-end collaboration through data aggregation, organization, and searching. SharePoint Portal Server also enables users to quickly find relevant information through customization and personalization of portal content and layout as well as through audience targeting.
What is Microsoft Windows Services?
Microsoft Windows Services is the engine that allows administrators to create Web sites for information sharing and document collaboration. Windows SharePoint Services provides additional functionality to the Microsoft Office System and other desktop applications, as well as serving as a plat form for application development. SharePoint sites provide communities for team collaboration, enabling users to work together on documents, tasks, and projects. The environment for easy and flexible deployment, administration, and application development.
What is the relationship between Microsoft SharePoint Portal Server and Microsoft Windows Services?
Microsoft SharePoint Products and Technologies (including SharePoint Portal Server and Windows SharePoint Services) deliver highly scalable collaboration solutions with flexible deployment and management tools. Windows SharePoint Services provides sites for team collaboration, while Share Point Portal Server connects these sites, people, and business processes—facilitating knowledge sharing and smart organizations. SharePoint Portal Server also extends the capabilities of Windows SharePoint Services by providing organizational and management tools for SharePoint sites, and by enabling teams to publish information to the entire organization.
Who is Office SharePoint Server 2007 designed for?
Office SharePoint Server 2007 can be used by information workers, IT administrators, and application developers.
What are the main benefits of Office SharePoint Server 2007?
Office SharePoint Server 2007 provides a single integrated platform to manage intranet, extranet, and Internet applications across the enterprise.
* Business users gain greater control over the storage, security, distribution, and management of their electronic content, with tools that are easy to use and tightly integrated into familiar, everyday applications.
* Organizations can accelerate shared business processes with customers and partners across organizational boundaries using InfoPath Forms Services–driven solutions.
* Information workers can find information and people efficiently and easily through the facilitated information-sharing functionality and simplified content publishing. In addition, access to back-end data is achieved easily through a browser, and views into this data can be personalized.
* Administrators have powerful tools at their fingertips that ease deployment, management, and system administration, so they can spend more time on strategic tasks.
* Developers have a rich platform to build a new class of applications, called Office Business Applications, that combine powerful developer functionality with the flexibility and ease of deployment of Office SharePoint Server 2007. Through the use of out-of-the-box application services, developers can build richer applications with less code.
What is the difference between Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 for Internet sites and Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007?
Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 for Internet sites and Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 have identical feature functionality. While the feature functionality is similar, the usage rights are different.
If you are creating an Internet, or Extranet, facing website, it is recommended that you use Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 for Internet sites which does not require the purchase client access licenses. Websites hosted using an “Internet sites” edition can only be used for Internet facing websites and all content, information, and applications must be accessible to non-employees. Websites hosted using an “Internet sites” edition cannot be accessed by employees creating, sharing, or collaborating on content which is solely for internal use only, such as an Intranet Portal scenario. See the previous section on licensing for more information on the usage scenarios.
What suites of the 2007 Microsoft Office system work with Office SharePoint Server 2007?
Office Outlook 2007 provides bidirectional offline synchronization with SharePoint document libraries, discussion groups, contacts, calendars, and tasks.
Microsoft Office Groove 2007, included as part of Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007, will enable bidirectional offline synchronization with SharePoint document libraries.
Features such as the document panel and the ability to publish to Excel Services will only be enabled when using Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2007or Office Enterprise 2007.
Excel Services will only work with documents saved in the new Office Excel 2007 file format (XLSX).
How do I invite users to join a Windows SharePoint Services Site? Is the site secure?
SharePoint-based Web sites can be password-protected to restrict access to registered users, who are invited to join via e-mail. In addition, the site administrator can restrict certain members’ roles by assigning different permission levels to view post and edit.
Can I post any kind of document?
You can post documents in many formats, including .pdf, .htm and .doc. In addition, if you are using Microsoft Office XP, you can save documents directly to your Windows SharePoint Services site.
Can I download information directly from a SharePoint site to a personal digital assistant (PDA)?
No you cannot. However, you can exchange contact information lists with Microsoft Outlook.
How long does it take to set up the initial team Web site?
It only takes a few minutes to create a complete Web site. Preformatted forms let you and your team members contribute to the site by filling out lists. Standard forms include announcements, events, contacts, tasks, surveys, discussions and links.
Can I create custom templates?
Yes you can. You can have templates for business plans, doctor’s office, lawyer’s office etc.
How can I make my site public? By default, all sites are created private.
If you want your site to be a public Web site, enable anonymous access for the entire site. Then you can give out your URL to anybody in your business card, e-mail or any other marketing material. The URL for your Web site will be: http:// yoursitename.wss.bcentral.com
Hence, please take special care to name your site. These Web sites are ideal for information and knowledge intensive sites and/or sites where you need to have shared Web workspace. Remember: Under each parent Web site, you can create up to 10 sub-sites each with unique permissions, settings and security rights.
How do the sub sites work?
You can create a sub site for various categories. For example:
* Departments - finance, marketing, IT
* Products - electrical, mechanical, hydraulics
* Projects - Trey Research, Department of Transportation, FDA
* Team - Retention team, BPR team
* Clients - new clients, old clients
* Suppliers - Supplier 1, Supplier 2, Supplier 3
* Customers - Customer A, Customer B, Customer C
* Real estate - property A, property B
The URLs for each will be, for example:
You can keep track of permissions for each team separately so that access is restricted while maintaining global access to the parent site.
How do I make my site non-restricted?
If you want your site to have anonymous access enabled (i.e., you want to treat it like any site on the Internet that does not ask you to provide a user name and password to see the content of the site), follow these simple steps:
1. Login as an administrator
2. Click on site settings
3. Click on Go to Site Administration
4. Click on Manage anonymous access
5. Choose one of the three conditions on what Anonymous users can access:
o Entire Web site
o Lists and libraries
Default condition is nothing; your site has restricted access. The default conditions allow you to create a secure site for your Web site.
Can I get domain name for my Web site?
Unfortunately, no. At this point, we don’t offer domain names for SharePoint sites. But very soon we will be making this available for all our SharePoint site customers. Please keep checking this page for further update on this. Meanwhile, we suggest you go ahead and set up your site and create content for it.
What are picture libraries?
Picture libraries allow you to access a photo album and view it as a slide show or thumbnails or a film strip. You can have separate folder for each event, category, etc
What are the advantages of a hosted SharePoint vs. one that is on an in-house server?
* No hardware investment, i.e. lower costs
* No software to download - ready to start from the word go
* No IT resources - Anyone who has used a Web program like Hotmail can use it
* Faster deployment
Can I ask users outside of my organization to participate in my Windows SharePoint Services site?
Yes. You can manage this process using the Administration Site Settings. Simply add users via their e-mail alias and assign permissions such as Reader or Contributor.
Are there any IT requirements or downloads required to set up my SharePoint site?
No. You do not need to download any code or plan for any IT support. Simply complete the on-line signup process and provide us your current and correct email address. Once you have successfully signed up and your site has been provisioned, we will send a confirmation to the email address you provided.
I am located outside of the United States.
Are there any restrictions or requirements for accessing the Windows SharePoint Services?
No. There are no system or bandwidth limitations for international trial users. Additionally language packs have been installed which allow users to set up sub-webs in languages other than English. These include: Arabic, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese (Brazilian), Spanish and Swedish.
Are there any browser recommendations?
Yes. Microsoft recommends using the following browsers for viewing and editing Windows SharePoint Services sites: Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.01 with Service Pack 2, Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5 with Service Pack 2, Internet Explorer 6, Netscape Navigator 6.2 or later.
What security levels are assigned to users?
Security levels are assigned by the administrator who is adding the user. There are four levels by default and additional levels can be composed as necessary.
* Reader - Has read-only access to the Web site.
* Contributor - Can add content to existing document libraries and lists.
* Web Designer - Can create lists and document libraries and customize pages in the Web site.
* Administrator - Has full control of the Web site.
How secure are Windows SharePoint Services sites hosted by Microsoft?
Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services Technical security measures provide firewall protection, intrusion detection, and web-publishing rules. The Microsoft operation center team tests and deploys software updates in order to maintain the highest level of security and software reliability. Software hot-fixes and service packs are tested and deployed based on their priority and level of risk. Security related hot-fixes are rapidly deployed into the environment to address current threats. A comprehensive software validation activity ensures software stability through regression testing prior to deployment.
What is the difference between an Internet and an intranet site?
An internet site is a normal site that anyone on the internet can access (e.g., www.msn.com, www.microsoft.com, etc.). You can set up a site for your company that can be accessed by anyone without any user name and password. The internet is used for public presence and a primary marketing tool managed typically by web programmers and a system administrator.
An intranet (or internal network), though hosted on a Web site, can only be accessed by people who are members of a specific network. They need to have a login and password that was assigned to them when they were added to the site by the site administrator. The intranet is commonly used as an internal tool for giving employees access to company information. Content is driven by business relevance, business rules and has increasingly become a common tool in larger organizations. An intranet is becoming more and more the preferred method for employees to interact with each other and the central departments in an organization, whether or not the organization has a Web presence.
What is a workspace?
A site or workspace is when you want a new place for collaborating on Web pages, lists and document libraries. For example, you might create a site to manage a new team or project, collaborate on a document or prepare for a meeting.
What are the various kinds of roles the users can have?
A user can be assigned one of the following roles
* Reader - Has read-only access to the Web site.
* Contributor - Can add content to existing document libraries and lists.
* Web Designer - Can create lists and document libraries and customize pages in the Web site.
* Administrator - Has full control of the Web site.
Can more than one person use the same login?
If the users sharing that login will have the same permissions and there is no fear of them sharing a password, then yes. Otherwise, this is discouraged.
How customizable is the user-to-user access?
User permissions apply to an entire Web, not to documents themselves. However, you can have additional sub webs that can optionally have their own permissions. Each user can be given any of four default roles. Additional roles can be defined by the administrator.
Can each user have access to their own calendar?
Yes there are two ways to do this,
* by creating a calendar for each user, or
* by creating a calendar with a view for each user
How many files can I upload?
There is no restriction in place except that any storage consumed beyond that provided by the base offering may have an additional monthly charge associated with them.
What types of files can I upload / post to the site?
The only files restricted are those ending with the following extensions: .asa, .asp, .ida, .idc, .idq. Microsoft reserves the right to add additional file types to this listing at any time. Also, no content that violates the terms of service may be uploaded or posted to the site.
Can SharePoint be linked to an external data source?
SharePoint data can be opened with Access and Excel as an external data source. Thus, SharePoint can be referenced as an external data source. SharePoint itself cannot reference an external data source.
Can SharePoint be linked to a SQL database?
SharePoint 2007 Portal Server (MOSS2K7) allows connections to SQL based datasources via the Business Data Catalog (BDC). The BDC also allows connecting to data via Web Services.
Can I customize my Windows SharePoint Services site?
YES! Windows SharePoint Services makes updating sites and their content from the browser easier then ever.
SharePoint includes tools that let you create custom lists, calendars, page views, etc. You can apply a theme; add List, Survey and Document Library Web Parts to a page; create personal views; change logos; connect Web Parts and more.
To fully customize your site, you can use Microsoft FrontPage 2003. Specifically, you can use FrontPage themes and shared borders, and also use FrontPage to create photo galleries and top ten lists, utilize standard usage reports, and integrate automatic Web content.
Will Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 run on a 64-bit version of Microsoft Windows?
Windows SharePoint Services 3.0, Office SharePoint Server 2007, Office Forms Server 2007, and Office SharePoint Server 2007 for Search will support 64-bit versions of Windows Server 2003.
How Office SharePoint Server 2007 can help you?
Office SharePoint Server 2007 can help us:
Manage content and streamline processes. Comprehensively manage and control unstructured content like Microsoft Office documents, Web pages, Portable Document Format file (PDF) files, and e-mail messages. Streamline business processes that are a drain on organizational productivity.
Improve business insight. Monitor your business, enable better-informed decisions, and respond proactively to business events.
Find and share information more simply. Find information and expertise wherever they are located. Share knowledge and simplify working with others within and across organizational boundaries.
Empower IT to make a strategic impact. Increase responsiveness of IT to business needs and reduce the number of platforms that have to be maintained by supporting all the intranet, extranet, and Web applications across the enterprise with one integrated platform.
Office SharePoint Server 2007 capabilities can help improve organizational effectiveness by connecting people, processes, and information.
Office SharePoint Server 2007 provides these capabilities in an integrated server offering, so your organization doesn’t have to integrate fragmented technology solutions itself.
What are the features that the portal components of Office SharePoint Server 2007 include?
The portal components of Office SharePoint Server 2007 include features that are especially useful for designing, deploying, and managing enterprise intranet portals, corporate Internet Web sites, and divisional portal sites. The portal components make it easier to connect to people within the organization who have the right skills, knowledge, and project experience.
What are the advanced features of MOSS 2007?
* User Interface (UI) and navigation enhancements
* Document management enhancements
* The new Workflow engine
* Office 2007 Integration
* New Web Parts
* New Site-type templates
* Enhancements to List technology
* Web Content Management
* Business Data Catalog
* Search enhancements
* Report Center
* Records Management
* Business Intelligence and Excel Server
* Forms Server and InfoPath
* The “Features” feature
* Alternate authentication providers and Forms-based authentication
What are the features of the new Content management in Office SharePoint 2007?
The new and enhanced content management features in Office SharePoint Server 2007 fall within three areas:
* Document management
* Records management
* Web content management
Office SharePoint Server 2007 builds on the core document management functionality provided by Windows SharePoint Services 3.0, including check in and check out, versioning, metadata, and role-based granular access controls. Organizations can use this functionality to deliver enhanced authoring, business document processing, Web content management and publishing, records management, policy management, and support for multilingual publishing.
Does a SharePoint Web site include search functionality?
Yes. SharePoint Team Services provides a powerful text-based search feature that helps you find documents and information fast.
Write the features of the search component of Office SharePoint Server 2007?
The search component of Office SharePoint Server 2007 has been significantly enhanced by this release of SharePoint Products and Technologies. New features provide:
* A consistent and familiar search experience.
* Increased relevance of search results.
* New functions to search for people and expertise.
* Ability to index and search data in line-of-business applications and
* Improved manageability and extensibility.
What are the benefits of Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007?
* Provide a simple, familiar, and consistent user experience.
* Boost employee productivity by simplifying everyday business activities.
* Help meet regulatory requirements through comprehensive control over content.
* Effectively manage and repurpose content to gain increased business value.
* Simplify organization-wide access to both structured and unstructured information across disparate systems.
* Connect people with information and expertise.
* Accelerate shared business processes across organizational boundaries.
* Share business data without divulging sensitive information.
* Enable people to make better-informed decisions by presenting business-critical information in one central location.
* Provide a single, integrated platform to manage intranet, extranet, and Internet applications across the enterprise.
Will SharePoint Portal Server and Team Services ever merge?
The products will come together because they are both developed by the Office team.
What does partial trust mean the Web Part developer?
If an assembly is installed into the BIN directory, the code must be ensured that provides error handling in the event that required permissions are not available. Otherwise, unhandled security exceptions may cause the Web Part to fail and may affect page rendering on the page where the Web Part appears.
How can I raise the trust level for assemblies installed in the BIN directory?
Windows SharePoint Services can use any of the following three options from ASP.NET and the CLR to provide assemblies installed in the BIN directory with sufficient permissions. The following table outlines the implications and requirements for each option.
Option Pros Cons
Increase the trust level for the entire virtual server. For more information, see “Setting the trust level for a virtual server” Easy to implement.
In a development environment, increasing the trust level allows you to test an assembly with increased permissions while allowing you to recompile assemblies directly into the BIN directory without resetting IIS. This option is least secure.
This option affects all assemblies used by the virtual server. There is no guarantee the destination server has the required trust level. Therefore, Web Parts may not work once installed on the destination server.
Create a custom policy file for your assemblies. For more information, see “How do I create a custom policy file?” Recommended approach.
This option is most secure.
An assembly can operate with a unique policy that meets the minimum permission requirements for the assembly.
By creating a custom security policy, you can ensure the destination server can run your Web Parts.
Requires the most configuration of all three options. Install your assemblies in the GAC
Easy to implement. This grants Full trust to your assembly without affecting the trust level of assemblies installed in the BIN directory.
This option is less secure.
Assemblies installed in the GAC are available to all virtual servers and applications on a server running Windows SharePoint Services. This could represent a potential security risk as it potentially grants a higher level of permission to your assembly across a larger scope than necessary
In a development environment, you must reset IIS every time you recompile assemblies.
Licensing issues may arise due to the global availability of your assembly.
Does SharePoint work with NFS?
Yes and no. It can crawl documents on an NFS volume, but the sharepoint database or logs cannot be stored there.
How is SharePoint Portal Server different from the Site Server?
Site Server has search capabilities but these are more advanced using SharePoint. SPS uses digital dashboard technology which provides a nice interface for creating web parts and showing them on dashboards (pages). SS doesn’t have anything as advanced as that. The biggest difference would be SPS document management features which also integrate with web folders and MS Office.
What would you like to see in the next version of SharePoint?
A few suggestions:
1. SPS and STS on same machine
2. Tree view of Categories and Folders
3. General Discussion Web Part
4. Personalization of Dashboards
5. Role Customization
6. Email to say WHY a document has been rejected for Approval
7. More ways to customize the interface
8. Backup and restore an individual Workspaces
9. Filter for Visio
10. Better way to track activity on SPS
11. Ability to Save as from Adobe to space on My Network Places
Why Sharepoint is not a viable solution for enterprise wide deployments?
Planning an enterprise deployment using SharePoint features is a very difficult task unless you can establish a Service Oriented Architecture, using AD for managing security with well defined roles based information access(EISA). Sounds reasonable, although it seems difficult to deploy with the tools limitations in document storage.
Document management does not scale beyond a single server, but scales great within a single server. For example, a quad Xeon machine with 4GB of RAM works great for a document management server that has about 900,000 - 1,000,000 document, but if you need to store 50,000,000 document and want to have them all in one single workspace then it does not scale at all. If you need a scenario like this, you need to plan your deployment right and it should scale for you, it just does not right out of the box. If you are using your server as a portal and search server most for the most part it scales great. You can have many different servers crawl content sources and have separate servers searching and serving the content.
If you have <>What are the actual advantages of SharePoint Portal Services (SPS) over SharePoint Team Services (STS)?
SharePoint Portal Services (SPS) has MUCH better document management. It has check-in, check-out, versioning, approval, publishing, subscriptions, categories, etc. STS does not have these features, or they are very scaled back. SharePoint team Services (SPS) has a better search engine, and can crawl multiple content sources. STS cannot. STS is easier to manage and much better for a team environment where there is not much Document Management going on. SPS is better for an organization, or where Document Management is crucial.
How Does SharePoint work?
The browser sends a DAV packet to IIS asking to perform a document check in. PKMDASL.DLL, an ISAPI DLL, parses the packet and sees that it has the proprietary INVOKE command. Because of the existence of this command, the packet is passed off to msdmserv.exe, who in turn processes the packet and uses EXOLEDB to access the WSS, perform the operation and send the results back to the user in the form of XML.
How do I open an older version of a document?
Normally, all previous versions are located in the shadow, so if you right click a published document from within the web folders, go to properties and then the third tab, versions you can view older versions.
If you want to do this in code:
strURL = “url of the last published version”
Set oVersion = New PKMCDO.KnowledgeVersion
Set prmRs = oVersion.VersionHistory(strURL)
Set oVersion = Nothing
prmRS will contain a recordset, which contains the url to the old versions in the shadow.
Why do the workspace virtual directories show the error “stop sign” symbol in the IIS snap-in?
If World Wide Web Publishing Service (W3SVC) starts before Microsoft Exchange Information Store (MSExchangeIS), “stop sign” symbols appear under the Default Web Site folder of the Internet Information Services console in Microsoft Management Console (MMC).
There is a dependency between the local paths of the SharePoint Portal Server virtual directories and the MSExchangeIS. You must start MSExchangeIS first, followed by W3SVC.
Complete the following steps to prevent the stop signs from appearing each time you restart:
1. Change the Startup type for W3SVC to Manual.
2. Restart the server. The MSExchangeIS service starts automatically.
3. Start W3SVC.
What newsgroups are available?
There are two,
* microsoft.public.sharepoint.portalserver and
What is SharePoint from a Technical Perspective?
Technically SharePoint illustrates neatly what Microsoft’s .net strategy is all about: integrating Windows with the Web. Microsoft has previously made accessing stuff on a PC easier, (Windows) then on a network (NT) and now on the web (.NET). SharePoint is an application written to let a user access a web accessible directory tree called the Web Storage System.
SharePoint was written with a set of technologies that allow the programmer to pass data, functions, parameters over HTTP, the web’s medium. These are XML, XSL and SOAP, to name a few I understand the basics of!
To the user it looks easy, like Hotmail, but every time they click a button or a link, a lot has to happen behind the scenes to do what they want to do quickly and powerfully. Not as easy as you might think, but SharePoint does it for you. Accessing this Web storage system and the server itself is also done using technologies like ADO, CDO, PKMCDO, LDAP, DDSC, ADSC. More on these later. SharePoint is a great example of how the Internet Platform can be extended and integrated into an existing well adopted technology, Windows.
What is SharePoint from an Administration Perspective?
Administering SharePoint mainly consists of setting it up, which is much easier than you expect, adding the content, which can be just dragging and dropping in whole directory structures and files, and then organizing the files better by giving them categories or other metadata. This is done either through the Web interface or through the SharePoint Client: a program what means you can access SharePoint as a Web folder and then right-click files to select options like “edit profile”. Or add files by dragging them in individually or in bulk.
Setting the security is also important, using NT accounts, either NT4 or Active Directory (or both in mixed mode) you can give users access to files/folders the same way as you do in standard Windows. Users can be grouped and the groups given access privileges to help manage this better. Also SharePoint has 3 Roles that a User or Group can be given on a particular item. Readers can see the item (i.e. document/file or folder) but not change it, Authors can see and edit items and coordinators can set security privileges for the part of the system they have control over. Thus, you could set 12 different coordinators for 12 different folder trees, and they could manage who can do what within that area only.
What is SharePoint from a Users Perspective?
From a Users perspective SharePoint is a way of making documents and folders on the Windows platform accessible over the web. The user visits the SharePoint Portal web page, and from there they can add documents, change documents & delete documents. Through this Portal, these documents are now available for discussion, collaboration, versioning and being managed through a workflow. Hence the name “Share-Point”. Details about the document can be saved too, such as: who wrote it, when, for whom, its size, and version, category or target audience. These can then be used to find the document through SharePoint’s Search facility. Even documents not “in” SharePoint can be included in the search engine’s index so they become part of the portal. All in all, it’s a great way to get stuff up on the web for users with average technical skills, and for administrators to manage the content.
What are the various Sharepoint 2003 and Exchange integration points?
Link to Outlook
This is a button on contacts or events lists that lets Outlook 2003 add a pst file named Sharepoint Folders and it links to the data on the site. It’s read-only, but you could make the home page for that PST be the Sharepoint site for easier viewing. The link to outlook feature seems more to be where some can public a calendar, but not want too much collaboration. For example, a holiday schedule, company meeting schedule, etc, can be made available for people to be able to view from Outlook without having to go to a web browser. Another nice thing about OL2K3 is that you can compare these calendars with others side by side.
Searching Public Folders
With SPS you can index Exchange’s public folders with the search engine so that all that precious public folder content is searchable. You’ll want to look at content sources and indexing in Sharepoint administration.
Displaying Public Folders in a web part
Since exchange web-enables public folders, you can create a web part that displays that content. IE, http://exchangeserver/Public/IT/Helpdesk will display the IT/Helpdesk public folder via OWA. So you add the Page Viewer web part to a page and point it at that URL. The key here is to add ?cmd=contents to the end of the url if you don’t want the navigator pane on the left.
Smart web parts
Some of the web parts that come with SPS allow you to add a web part to a page that actually takes the users outlook info (calendar, inbox, contacts, tasks) and put them into the page.
The SmartPart Web Part project template for Visual Studio allows developers to create quickly a project which contains the base infrastructure to:
* write a web user control (ASCX)
* wrap the user control in a SmartPart instance
* generate a SharePoint Solution file (WSP) for easy deployment
* generate a setup package for a wizard driven installation
Can SharePoint compare two document versions?
“In Word 2003, you can compare documents side by side. Open two documents. Then, from the Window menu of one of them, select the Compare Side By Side command. If you have only two documents open, the command will automatically choose to compare them. If you have three or more documents open, you’ll have to select which document to compare with the current file.
A floating toolbar with two buttons will open. If the button on the left is selected, Word will scroll both documents at the same time. Press the button on the right side of the toolbar to return to where the cursor was located when you started comparing.”
What are the integration differences between SPS 2003 and the various Office versions?
SPS webpage can detect you have installed the Office 2003 and run local dll to implement some SPS function, e.g. multi-file upload only works when you have office 2003 installed.
Integration with Office XP is gone.
You will get guys telling you that you can integrate with SPSv2 if you install a backwards compatible document library - but that’s really just putting a bit of SPS 2001 on the server.
Believe me, check-in, check-out, which are themselves very basic, are not available from inside Office XP, or even from the context menu in Windows Explorer.
The ONLY option you have is to use the web interface to check-in or check-out.