1. What types of data validation events are commonly seen in the client-side form validation?
2. In A Page I have gridview with Options of select and delete using hyperlink when i am selecting any one of then it has to open another page how can it
3. Web service support a) Data set b) dataReader c) both of above d) none of above
4. How to create dynamic Gridview?
5. What is PreProcessor in .NET and type , where it use
6. Please brief not about XSD,XSLT & XML.
7. List of Words of PreProcessor in .NET?
8. If we remove web.config or machine.config from the application then, will the application still work?
9. How to reduce the width of textbox in EditCommandColumn of DataGrid?
10. Which dll handles the request of .aspx page?
11. What is event bubbling?
12. What is server infrastructure & Server components?
13. What is IPostBack? How to use it?
14. How to create a DB connection at one place/page so that we can use that connection for all pages/forms/windows.whatarethe steps ned to be performed. if question not clear,let me know.
15. What is diff. between abstract class and an interface? * What is shadowing? * Diff between Overriding and overloading
16. What is DLL hell?
17. Can you explain the difference between an ADO.NET Dataset and an ADO Recordset?
18. What is CLR? 2.1. Diff between CLR & CTS
19. Explain the differences between Server-side and Client-side code?
20. Which namespace is used to get assembly details?
21. What is the difference between Server.Transfer and Response.Redirect? Why would I choose one over the other?
22. What type of code (server or client) is found in a Code-Behind class?
23. ColumnMapping belongs to which namespaces?
24. Can you give an example of when it would be appropriate to use a web service as opposed to a non-serviced .NET component
25. Should validation (did the user enter a real date) occur server-side or client-side? Why?
26. What is an abstract class?
27. What tags do you need to add within the asp:datagrid tags to bind columns manually?
28. What method do you use to explicitly kill a user s session?
29. What base class do all Web Forms inherit from?
30. How can you provide an alternating color scheme in a Repeater control?
31. Which template must you provide, in order to display data in a Repeater control?
32. Can you edit data in the Repeater control?
33. Which method do you invoke on the DataAdapter control to load your generated dataset with data?
34. In order to get assembly info whcih namespace we should import?
35. What is the root namespace for all types?
36. Diff. betn Dataset and Recordset.
37. Diff between Dataset and Datareader?
38. Trace and Debug belongs to which namespaces?
39. What does the “EnableViewState” property do? Why would I want it on or off?
40. Let’s say I have an existing application written using Visual Studio 6 (VB 6, InterDev 6) and this application utilizes Windows 2000 COM+ transaction services. How would you approach migrating this application to .NET
41. DIff. between Friend and Protected Friend.
42. How doyoudeclare static variable and how it is declared and what is its lifetime?
43. How doesyouget record no from 5 to 15 from a dataset of 100 records?
44. Why Datareader is useful?
45. How doesyoucall and execute a SP in .NET?
46. What is versioning in .NET?
47. Whatarethe ASP.NET list controls and diff. between them?
48. What is diff. between ASP State Management and ASP.NET State Management?(Imp) 19. How can we pass info between 2 asp.net pages?
49. Diff between Web User Control and Web Custom Control.
50. How do we Sort the data from a Dataset?
51. How do we get only edited/deleted/inserted records from a Dataset?
52. How Dataadapter.fill works?
53. How can we implement a Identity (SQL Server) call in an asp.net page?
54. What is Viewstate?
55. What is the life cycle of an asp.net page?
56. Can you give an example of what might be best suited to place in the Application_Start and Session_Start subroutines?
57. If I’m developing an application that must accomodate multiple security levels though secure login and my ASP.NET web appplication is spanned across three web-servers (using round-robbin load balancing) what would be the best approach to maintain login-in state for the users?
58. What are ASP.NET Web Forms? How is this technology different than what is available though ASP (1.0-3.0)?
59. How does VB.NET/Cachieve polymorphism?
60. Can you explain what inheritance is and an example of when you might use it?
61. How would you implement inheritance using VB.NET/C#?
62. What is an assembly
63. What is .NET remoting?
64. What are webservices?
65. What is CLR?
66. What is delay signing?
67. Which namespace is used by ADO.NET?
68. What are client activated objects and server activated objects?
69. What is difference between singleton and single call?
70. What is difference between OR and ORElse?
71. What are delegates?
72. Describe the difference between inline and code behind - which is best in a
73. Explain what a diffgram is, and a good use for one
74. Where would you use an iHTTPModule, and what are the limitations of any
75. What are the disadvantages of viewstate/what are the benefits
76. Describe session handling in a webfarm, how does it work and what are the > limits
77. How would you get ASP.NET running in Apache web servers - why would you even do this?
78. Whats MSIL, and why should my developers need an appreciation of it if at all?
79. In what order do the events of an ASPX page execute. As a developer is it important to undertsand these events?
80. What property must you set, and what method must you call in your code, in order to bind the data from some data source to the Repeater control?
81. How do you turn off cookies for one page in your site?
82. Which two properties are on every validation control?
83. How do you create a permanent cookie?
84. What tag do you use to add a hyperlink column to the DataGrid?
85. What is the standard you use to wrap up a call to a Web service
86. Which method do you use to redirect the user to another page without performing a round trip to the client?
87. What is the transport protocol you use to call a Web service SOAP
88. What does WSDL stand for?
89. What property do you have to set to tell the grid which page to go to when using the Pager object?
90. What tags do you need to add within the asp:datagrid tags to bind columns manually.
91. Which property on a Combo Box do you set with a column name, prior to setting the DataSource, to display data in the combo box?
92. How is a property designated as read-only?
93. Which control would you use if you needed to make sure the values in two different controls matched?
94. How many classes can a single .NET DLL contain?
95. Name some of the Microsoft Application Blocks. Have you used any? Which ones?
96. Can a .NET web application consume Java web service ?
97. How to rename a table using sql queries?
98. Distinguish the differences between client-side and server-side data validations in web pages.
99. What is smoke testing?
100. What is the difference between a defect and an enhancement?