1. What is the result of using Option Explicit?
A. This applies only to Visual Basic, not VBScript.
B. All variables must be dimensioned before use.
C. All variables are dimensioned at run-time.
D. Forces all SELECT controls to have a SELECTED
E. Requires all variables be cast as specific DataTypes.
2. What should be used in order to determine if the cookie "FavoriteFlavors" in the request object contains more than one entry?
3. When is the Session_OnStart event fired?
A. Upon every request from an application by a client for an .asp document.
B. Upon the first request from an application by a client for any file in the application.
C. Upon the first request for an .asp document from an application by a client.
D. Upon the first request for the global.asa file, in which the event handler is located.
E. Upon the first request for an. html or .asp document from an application by client
4. What does Internet Information Server (IIS) assume to be the default language for Active Server Pages?
5. What should the developer use in order to have an Active Server Page (ASP) invokes a stored procedure on a SQL Server database?
E. None of the above.
6. ‘onStart' and 'onEnd' are events of what object(s)?
A. Application only.
B. Session only.
C. Server only.
D. Application and Session only.
E. Application, Session, and Server.
7. What must be installed on an IIS4 machine to use the CDONTS e-mail server object?
A. FTP service
B. SMTP service
C. IIS administrator
D. Exchange Server
E. IPX/SPX protocol
8. Which line of code would instantiate the Browser Capabilities component?
A. objBrowser = Server.CreateObject("MSWC.BrowserType")
B. Set objBrowser = Server.CreateObject("MSWC.BrowserType")
C. var objBrowser = Server.CreateObject("MSWC.BrowserType")
D. var objBrowser = CreateObject("MSWC.BrowserType")
E. var objBrowser = Server.CreateObject("BrowserType")
9. What is the Default ScriptTimeOut for Server Object?
A. 20 Sec
B. 30 Sec
C. 60 Sec
D. 90 Sec
10. How many Max Cookies can we create in Server?
11. How Many Types of Cookies
12.What is ASP (Active Server Pages)?
ASP is a server side-scripting environment for building dynamic and interactive web pages. Since the scripts run on the server side, the web server does all the processing.
13. What are the advantages of using ASP?
• Minimizes network traffic by limiting the need for the browser and server to talk to each other
• Makes for quicker loading time since HTML pages are only downloaded
• Allows to run programs in languages that are not supported by the browser
• Can provide the client with data that does not reside on the client’s machine
• Provides improved security measures since the script cannot be viewed by
14. What is HTML(Hypertext Markup Language)?
It’s a method by which web pages can be built and generally used for formatting and linking text.
15. What are the types of HTML?
• Static HTML – Browser uses HTTP to request HTML file from the Web Server
• Dynamic HTML – Browser uses HTTP to request an executable application rather than a Static HTML file
16. What is the difference between ASP and HTML? Or Why ASP is better than HTML?
• ASP executes code on the server side whereas the browser interprets HTML.
• ASP can use any scripting languages
• Gets feedback from the user and return information to the user
• Create pages that will be customized to display only things that will be of interest to a particular user
• Can edit contents of a web page by updating a text file or a database rather than the HTML code itself
17. What is a Web Server?
It’s a Computer that provides Web services on the Internet or on a local Intranet. It is designed to locate, address and send out simple HTML pages to all other users who access these pages.
18. What is IIS?
IIS is a Web Server that provides Web services, not only for web pages but also for ftp sites and video and audio services. It integrates with the database facilities of SQL Server.
19. What do you need to run ASP?
A browser and a Web server.
20. What is a Scripting Language?
21. Which is the default Scripting Language of ASP (server-side)?
22. Which is the default Scripting Language on the client side?
23. What is Global.asa file?
It is text file that contains details about an ASP application, such as when it should begin and end.
24. Which is the default Data types in VBScript?
Variant is the default data type in VBScript, which can store a value of any type.
25. What is the Order of precedence for ARITHMETIC Operators.
^, -(negation), *or /, \, mod, + or –
26. Where will you code OPTION EXPLICIT in an ASP application? WHY?
It should be the first statement before the <HTML> tag because ASP script is processed before the HTML statements.
27. What are Constants? How will you declare a constant?
Constants have values that do not change during the execution of the program. It can be declared using the term CONST. (e.g.) Const pi = 3.143
28. What are ARRAYS?
Arrays are variables that store items of similar information.DIM ARRAY1(4) (declares an array with the name array1 with 5 elements)
29. Arrays can be resized by using the keyword
30. What is the maximum size of an array?
Up to 60 dimensions.
31. Name the ASP Objects?
• Request Object
• Response Object
• Server Object
• Session Object
• Application Object
32. What is Request Object?
Gets information from the user. It has five collections by which values can be accessed. They are:
Querystring, Form, Cookies, Server Variables & ClientCertificate
33. What is Collection?
Collection is a set of name/value pairs where the information supplied by the client is stored.
34. What is application Object?
Shares information among users of an application. Gives a notification when an application starts or ends.
35. What is Application-scope?
Application-scope means that variables (and objects) can be accessed from any ASP pages that is part of the application.
36. How many global.asa files can an Application have?
Only one global.asa file and it’s placed in the virtual directory’s root.
37. What are the collections of Application Object?
* Contents collection – contains all variables added via scripts in global.asa.
* Static collection – contains the names of all objects added via the <OBJECT> tag in global.asa.