1. There is one word in the English language that is alway pronounced
incorrectly. What is it?
2. A man gave one son 10 cents and another son was given 15 cents. What
time is it?
3. A boat has a ladder that has six rungs, each rung is one foot apart. The
bottom rung is one foot from the water. The tide rises at 12 inches ever 15
minutes. High tide peaks in one hour. When the tide is at it's highest, how
many rungs are under water?
4. There is a house with four walls. Each wall faces south. There is a
window in each wall. A bear walks by one of the windows. What color is the
5. Is half of two plus two equal to two or three?
6. There is a room. The shutters are blowing in. There is broken glass on
the floor. There is water on the floor. You find Sloppy dead on the floor.
Who is Sloppy? How did Sloppy die?
7. How much dirt would be in a hole 6 feet deep and 6 feet wide that has
been dug with a square edged shovel?
8. If I were in Hawaii and dropped a bowling ball in a bucket of water
which is 45 degrees F, and dropped another ball of the same weight, mass,
an size in a bucket at 30 degrees F, both of them at the same time, which
ball would hit the bottom of the bucket first? Same question, but the
location is in Canada ?
9. What is th e significance of the following: The year is 1978,thirty-four
minutes past noon on May 6th.
10. If a farmer has 5 haystacks in one field and 4 haystacks in the other
field, how many haystacks would he have if he combined them all in the
11. What is it that goes up and goes down but does not move?
Scroll down for answers............
1. The word "incorrectly."
2. 1:45. The man gave away a total of 25 cents. He divided it between two
people. Therefore, he gave a quarter to two.
3. None, the boat rises with the tide. Googly ;-)
4. White. If all the walls face south, the house is at the North pole, and
the bear, therefore, is a polar bear.
5. Three. Well, it seems that it could almost be either, but if you follow
the mathematical orders of operation, division is performed before addition.
So... half of two is one. Then add two, and the answer is three.
6. Sloppy is a (gold)fish. The wind blew the shutters in, which knocked his
goldfish-bowl off the table, and it broke, killing him.
7. None. No matter how big a hole is, it's still a hole: the absence of
8. Both questions, same answer: the ball in the bucket of 45 degree F water
hits the bottom of the bucket last. Did you think that the water in the 30
degree F bucket is frozen? Think again. The question said nothing about that
bucket having anything in it. Therefore, there is no water (or ice) to slow
the ball down...
9. The time and month/date/year American style calendar are 12:34, 5/6/78.
10. One. If he combines all of his haystacks, they all become one big
11. The temperature.