If you dont want to use "Fast User Switching"
you may want to disable the Welcome Screen. You must be logged in as an
Administrator to do this. Note:To do this follow the directions below:
1) Click on Start
2) Click on Control Panel
3) Double-click on User Accounts
4) Click on "Change the way users log on or off"
5) Uncheck "Use the Welcome Screen" (note: this will also disable "Fast User
6) Click on Apply Options
7) Close the User Accounts window and the Control Panel
8) The next time you reboot your computer, the classic login prompt will be
What if I dont want the Welcome Screen OR the classic prompt? Can I disable
To Login automatically to a user account, follow the instructions below:
1) Click on Run
2) Type in the following command and click OK
3) Highlight the user you want to log into automatically, then uncheck the
box for "Users must enter a username and password to use this computer"
4) Click on Apply and you'll be asked to verify the username and password to
log in automatically
5) Click OK and the next time you restart your computer, you'll
automatically be logged in without having the classic prompt or Welcome