Its available for download here:
No installation require, after download, unzip it to a folder and run ekalappai file (or some computers you will see this file as ekalappai.exe). Keyboard loaded can be changed by clicking (left click) on the task bar icon shown when ekalappai is running.
Please test and send your feedback.
- Download and unzip ekalappaiOSS-dev-latest.zip
- Double click on the ekalappai.exe from the eKalappaiOSS folder you got from above step.
- Start typing in tamil
- To switch off the keyboard or to change the layout of the keyboard, just click on the ekalappai task bar menu (right hand side bottom portion of your desktop)
- Currently it supports phonetic & tamil99 keyboards.
- Its being actively developed so soon other missing features will be added.
- If you find any issue or want any new feature in this software, please feel free create an issue in this page: http://code.google.com/p/ekalappai/issues/list
Keep checking this page for updates.
- tamil99, phonetic, typewriter keyboards
- Open Source
- Support for Windows XP, windows vista & Windows 7 platforms
- Support for Linux OS
- Single click easy to use installer
- Support for other indian languages
- Support for ibus scim and m17n keymaps
- XML based interface to enable users to create custom keyboards
- Encoding converter plugin
- Spell checker plugin
- Developer documentation for writing plugins for ekalappai
- Check for updates from thamizha.com and automatic upgradation thro internet